Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sunday in Review

So I hate to brag, but I am getting pretty good at this grilling thing. I decided mid-week that this week my adventure for Sunday night dinner would be salmon and asparagus on the grill.

Note: The only fish I ever buy is the kind packed in water that some people think is chicken.

This morning I got up, started some laundry and headed off to the store to pick up the necessary ingredients...salmon, asparagus and a lemon. (I convinced the roommates that they too needed to grill something for dinner since it was already going to be heated.) After lighting the coals I decided I needed to "figure out" just how I was going to prepare my meal which ended up being pretty easy.

Asparagus...toss with olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper
Salmon...lightly spray with olive oil, squeeze of lemon, dill, garlic powder, wrap in foil

That was it. The asparagus took about 5-7 minutes and was perfect, salmon took a little longer. Roommate K convinced me to have it with a little bit of taziki on the side. Good suggestiong!

When Roommate D was at the store today she decided that smores would be dessert of choice. The coals weren't quite hot enough so we had to bring them into the microwave but it didn't stop the three of us from getting marshmallow and chocolate all over our faces and hands.

Overall - great Sunday!

No comments: