Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Who goes to book readings anyways?

More to follow....


Ok, it's been over a month and I never took the time to finish this post, but I am taking the time now (they are showing cycling on NBC).

Tuesday - June 24th - getting ready to leave the office knowing that the rest of the week is going to be hectic and that I leave early on Saturday morning for my hiatus. I head to Border's bookstore (it is a block away) to get some new books to read on my trip. I found one of the books I was looking for "Such a Pretty Fat", but not the other "Bright Lights, Big Ass". Asked the sales guy where I might find this particular book and he says "On her display". For real, Jen Lancaster has her own display? Turns out she is having a book reading/signing the next day.

Wednesday - June 25th - show up for work and have one of my co-workers (who is male) ask me if I ever read Jen Lancaster. For real, why are you asking me this? Turns out he had planned to meet his fiancee and her sister at the bookstore for the reading/signing after work. Co-workers is getting ready to head over to meet up with the gals and asks if I want to go, probably shouldn't there is work to do, but the partner walks in and tells me to go...don't have to tell me twice! Co-worker was kind enough to give up his seat that his fiancee had saved for me (I really think he just didn't want to have to sit in the super hot section of the bookstore to listen to some chick talk about her book). I would have never guessed that she was as funny (ok, funnier) in person than in her books.

Verdict on book readings/signings? I will definitely go to another one.

No comments: