Monday, June 30, 2008

Hiatus - Day 3

Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to the mall we go!

Pete had to go to work today so mom and I ventured out to the mall (we needed something to keep our minds off of missing him so much....haha). I haven't done much shopping recently, but after mom and I had a heart to heart (in the car after we found a prime parking spot) we went into to do some damage. For those of you who know me well, you know that the first spot we hit was Nordstrom's and that happened to be our only stop. I ended up with three new pairs of capris and three new tops. The tops are functional for both work and play which is nice and the capris were good to have since it was extremely warm in Portland.

We were both hungry after the serious shopping and headed out for lunch. At lunch I decided that I was going to cook dinner and called dad to invite him over. My family was pretty impressed at my dinner (I was too). After dinner the neighbors came over so we could do a toast in honor of Pete's new job (which he LOVES)! Good times.

Orange Glazed Turkey with Cranberry Rice
1 14 1/4 oz can fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 3oz pkg dried cranberries
2 cups instant rice, uncooked
1 lb turkey cutlets
1/2 cup low-sugar orange marmalade

Combine broth and cranberries in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in rice; remove from heat, cover, and let stand 5 minutes.

Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add turkey, and cook 2 minutes. Turn and cook over high heat 2 minutes or until browned.
Spoon marmalade over turkey; cook, uncovered over medium heat 2 additional minutes or until thoroughly heated.

Fluff rice mixture with a fork; spoon evenly onto 4 plates, and top each serving with 2 cutlets.

No comments: