Friday, June 20, 2008

What to call this post

So a little after half-time of the basketball game on Tuesday I started thinking of what I could title this blog...I couldn't settle on just one so below are the titles I thought about and what the first few lines would be.

Title: Gotta love the morning after...
First Line: ...winning a championship...and you thought I was going to write something inappropriate. There is a silent excitement the morning after a local team winning a championship. Everyone is tired but they aren't grouchy. The trains aren't nearly as full as usual.

Title: Come on Bruins
First Line: Disclaimer - This is in now way, shape or form an endorsement of UCLA. The Bruins made it to the NHL playoffs this year, but that was about it. I think they won one game in the first round but am not too sure (don't really follow hockey). My Boston life would definitely be complete if I could say that all 4 major sports teams won a National Championship while I was living there.

Title: I love parades!
First Line: Oh yes I do, especially when they involve Duck Boats and confetti! For the fifth time in the five years that I have lived in Boston, I have been witness to the home team winning a national championship (2 by the Patriots, 2 by the Red Sox and 1 by the Celtics) not too shabby. The parade route has been pretty consistent for all 5 championships and I am proud to say that I have seen four of them. (I had to do an inventory on the day of the first Sox parade and it was gross weather so I probably wouldn't have gone anyways.) The other 4 have provided a nice break from the office, I love working in Back Bay!

Title: Falling asleep to honking horns
First Line: Yes, that is what I did in the week hours of Wednesday morning. Did I mind? Heck no - the C's won the NBA Championship by SMOKING the Lakers. (Growing up in Portland I have always had a dislike for the Lakers and was so happy to see that Boston fans feel the same way.)

So those were my thoughts over the past few days, thinking about what I wanted to write for this post. Only one more week until my 4 week hiatus from Boston - if I have to work until midnight the majority of the nights until then, it will be worth it knowing I can have a work-free vacation!

**No pictures for this post. I took my camera out to snap a few shots of the parade today only to have an exhausted battery. I did use my co-workers camera phone (he was using his blackberry) to take a picture of Big Baby - without his shirt - it's not worth posting.***

No comments: