Saturday, May 10, 2008

Bowling, air hockey and pedicures

The title of this blog is my excitement for the last 24 hours. I got an email mid-morning yesterday that was an invitation to a networking event (with managers and senior managers from the office) to be held at one of the local bowling alleys. I personally think I got the invite because the organizer wanted me on his team. You see, our lil' team at work has had a couple of group outings that involved bowling and I did pretty well. It has now become a joke among the group that I am a good bowler because I grew up in Oregon and there is nothing else to do out there (obviously they have never been). So at 3:45 I locked my computer up, changed into my jeans (which I had randomly thrown in my bag before leaving home), and threw on my sneakers. Bowling was from 4-6 and we managed to fit in four games (games 2 & 3 were played simultaneously on adjoining lanes).

Once our time was up I challenged the organizer to a game of air hockey...final score 7-6 The EOB. Next up was a manager from the group, who was quite confident he was going to kick my a$$...final score 7-1 The EOB. Third game was a senior manager who sits on our floor. The EOB had a 5-0 lead, senior manager made a comeback, when the game was 5-5 we realized the air had gone off. I don't know at what point it had gone off but it probably did when I was up. I lost steam during that fourth game and lost 7-2. Overall, not too bad. I asked them to remember my "mad air hockey skills" when it comes time for manager promotions next year.

Our weather this past week has been very nice - 70's and sunny - then rain for the weekend (go figure). It was during our nice 70 degree days that I realized how badly I needed to get my toes done. I was held back from wearing open toed shoes and was embarrassed to wear my flip-flops to and from the office (I did it anyways). So once I saw the sun start to make an appearance today, I decided today was the day. I stopped at the grocery store first to get some cash, a drink and some trashy magazines, then was off to my hour of pampering. My feet look and feel great - warm sunny days you can come back now!

No comments: