Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Give Big (or just a little)

Through work we have quite a few opportunities to volunteer with various projects/organizations around the Boston area. This "non-client service" is recommended and is actually a factor in our year-end evaluations. A few weeks ago I got an email to help out with the United Way Today's Girls...Tomorrow's Leaders (TGTL) program and signed up to help. The TGTL program provides funding assistance to agencies providing programming that empowers girls to lead and succeed in the future by developing academic and leadership skills. We had our orientation this evening, and as a volunteer I will be reading and rating four proposals submitted by various agencies that are seeking funds from TGTL. I love that these opportunities come up through work and I am able to give back to the community. I may not be Oprah and be able to "Give Big" but I can definitely do a little something to help out.

No comments: