Friday, May 16, 2008

Gravity...

Before I hit some roadblocks last December, I was a faithful gym-goer (it's a quick 3 minute walk from my house) but this year had lacked the "get up and go" (literally and figuratively). I am starting to get back into the routine of going to the gym - no matter what time of day. Well, Gym Buddy's trainer suggested that she start going to the gym in the mornings and with that try out one of the classes she teaches. Yesterday was the chosen day for both of us to try out a Gravity class at 7am at Back Bay. For those of you familiar with where I live, it's not Back Bay, so needless to say I was on the train at 6:15 for this class. Below is a picture of the contraption we used for 50 minutes.

I'm not going to lie, the workout kicked my butt. At one point I didn't know if I was going to get sick or pass out. The trainer was super cool and totally understood, I sat out a few sets but did manage to get back into it. Today I am a little sore but can't wait to go back next week. I saw Gym Buddy after work today and she admitted that even though she was sore she was going to go back - yay!

Moral of the story: I felt great afterwards mentally and physically.

No comments: