Monday, May 5, 2008

Sunday night dinner

So I enjoy trying new recipes on the weekends (usually Sunday) and if they turn out ok, I tend to send them in a mass email. Well...since I enjoy reading other peoples blogs I figured I would start a blog and use it to share the recipes that I enjoy. Don't worry, I will post other stuff too. (Good thing I am starting this after busy season, otherwise all you would see is "Today I worked XX hours.") Enjoy!

To start out, yesterday for lunch I made the following:

Mediterranean Pasta with Zucchini

8 oz penne or ziti pasta, uncooked
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained
1 medium zucchini, sliced
2 tbs slived ripe olives

Cook pasta according to package directions.
While pasta cooks, combine tomatoes and remaining three ingredients in a large skillet, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
Spoon tomato mixture over drained pasta.
4 (2-cup) servings

*My modifications: I added 1 tbs of minced garlic to the tomato mixture. Instead of spooning the mixture over the pasta I tossed it all in the pot with the drained pasta. To top it off I added 1 tbs of feta (reduced fat of course) to my 2-cup serving. Yummy!

No comments: